Thursday, August 8, 2013

ALIENS HAVE INVADED!

....My womb? 


I am so glad I recorded these, 
I almost forgot how much he used to move. 
Awh, I miss this...
I do not miss him being up in my rib cage though!


Oh Man! Sometimes I really miss being pregnant. Yes, there is the hunger, the achy body, and nonstop exhaustion. However, there were so many perks! Baby is hungry? No need to wake up mamma, your body can handle it, you just get your rest! I still have my moments where I touch my belly expecting to find a baby belly. I remember the morning after I gave birth I woke up and nearly panicked when my huge belly was there. (Maybe I was still loopy from the epidural and the pain medication)  And then there was my beautiful baby boy, sleeping blissfully in the bassinet next to my bed. I thank my lucky stars nearly every night for my good sleeper. It's crazy to think that just six months ago I was big and swollen all over. Some days it feels like just yesterday, other days it feels like years ago. Oh let's reminisce being pregnant shall we?
As you may have gathered from previous posts I am a breast feeding mom so I still get cravings like a nine month pregnant woman. The only difference is people were more keen to cater to my cravings when I had the belly. (I see how it is people.) My biggest cravings were hamburgers with warm pickles and ketchup, plums, chocolate shakes, Sonic cream slushes, Braums frozen yogurt, and man did I love steak!!!
My favorite pregnancy products were the Boppy body pillow, Bath and Body Work's body butter, Motherhood's maternity pants, and Scentsy wax burners.
I loved taking Epsom salt baths the most. Hot chocolate was my alternative to coffee. My favorite baby clothing store to shop in was always Carters, and still is. I got most of my prenatal exercise walking my apartments and around a city lake. Foot rubs from Silas' Nonna were the best ever. Silas loved listening to classic rock while I drove. He kicked the most when I laughed or was eating any kind of berries. He kicked the flashlight when I held it to my belly. Silas had hiccups ALL the time. Silas was also two weeks late. I had gained 40+ pounds when I was pregnant. I was a research maniac. Anything pregnancy, birth, nursing, or early childhood development related I was all over it. I retained information like a sponge in water and would squeeze it out on any one any chance I could. Yes, I was THAT woman. You know the one, that annoying baby obsessed crunchy mama.
Okay.. So that's still is me. Don't judge.
While we're on the topic of pregnancy a big thank you should be said to my beloved, not sure if I should name drop here, so I'll just call him K. Thank you for being so supportive. Listening to me cry and then making me laugh when it was time to stop. Thank you for reading me so well and knowing when I needed to take a breather. Thank you for being there when I gave birth... even though I kicked you out of the room when it was time to push. Thank you for listening to me freak out so much when I was panicking about giving birth. Thank you for being considerate of ever changing emotions. And thank you most of all for the back rubs! Oh god those are good. Haha, I love you K, forever and always.
I had the most amazing OB/GYN for sure. She was so kind and sweet. She helped me handle my Prenatal Depression and made sure I was talking to some one when my anxiety peeked. She was super courteous of my issues with being examined. She followed my wishes, pushed me to make a birth plan and explore my options. She was amazing throughout my labor and helped me have the best nurses to handle my anxiety. She knew my hesitation with induction and waited with me as long as we could with out giving me guilt. She was very gracious to my requests and did not question my beliefs. She was the most Midwife like OB I have ever met, and for that I want to thank you Dr. Amanda Levine. I wouldn't go to any other OB and I wouldn't have allowed any one else to birth my son with me. A million times, thank you.

On that note, I'll end this post.
Please let me know if you would be interested in more pregnancy related blogs or if you have other requests in the comment section below!
Thank you for reading
-The Tickle Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to contact me directly,
Email me at nymdear@gmail.com